This glossary contains terms used in discover.swiss metadata. Moreover, it serves as a reference for the language used in the project. Developers, Marketing, and product owners should have the same understanding of the terms provided in this glossary.
|API||Application Programming Interface. Enables different systems to interact with each other programmatically.|
|Endpoints||Indicate how you access the resource|
|Methods||Indicates the allowed interactions (such as GET, POST, or DELETE) with the resource|
|Request||The way information is returned from an API. In a request, the client provides a resource URL with the proper authorization to an API server. The API returns a response with the information requested.|
|Request body||A block of information, usually JSON, included in the request body, often used with CREATE and PUT methods.|
|Authorization token||give user permission as an Active Directory B2C and generated by Active Directory (Header → 'Authorization').|
|Profile token||give user Guest permission. Generated by Profile service (Header → 'Token').|
|Subscription key||gives secure access for consumer via API Management (Header → 'Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key')|
|Query string parameters||Parameters that appear in the query string of the endpoint, after the "?"|
At the moment, discover.swiss provides REST API only.
- Partner: Company or organisation interacting with discover.swiss
- Development partner: helps developing the discover.swiss products,either with expertise or writing code
- Solution provider: develops a client application for destination
- Destination / Bezüger: Organziation which is the stakeholder of the client application. For example Scuol, Zürich Tourism or Schweizer Jugendherberge
- Supplier / Leistungserbringer: is actually delivering to the service the enduser is consuming. f.ex. Restaurant, ski hill, hotel, etc.
|NOVA||NOVA / Räthische Bahn|
|NSP||Swiss Parks Network|
- end-user is a synonym to user
- Guest / Gast: the customer of the destination which is visiting Switzerland and (mainly) using the client application
- Operation / Betrieb: people who work for or in the name of discover.swiss to ensure a sound state of the platform
- Client App / Destination App: stands for all kinds of client applications using discover.swiss foundation API
- my.discover.swiss portal: Web portal for guests and employees to control their own data and profile
- discover.swiss Foundation API: API offered by discover.swiss to serve the destination's needs (the main product)
- Partner portal: Web portal for all partners to access and control their transactions and their delivered content Partner Portal.
- Connectors: Applications and components which communicate with the supplier interfaces
- Azure portal: https://portal.azure.com provided by Microsoft to control all our resources in Azure